Kyoto isn't quite finished. I've still got to seam the sleeves, and finish seaming the sash on (that's about 1/4 done). I'll hopefully get pics on Thursday at sit and knit and put them here later that night.
In the meantime, I was tagged by Wavybend, who was my giftee for SP4. Here we go!ten years ago:
I was 14, and just starting my freshman year of high school. I think the highlight of that year was being one of only three freshmen selected for the very elite colorguard in marching band. The low point of that year would probably be my paternal grandfather dying on Christmas Day and my family being the ones to find him.five years ago:
I was starting my sophomore year at Luther, rooming with Sarah, who would later become my best friend and cohort in many crazy schemes (even though she tries to talk me out of most of them, but she's also an enabler). That was the year I decided to change my major from pre-med to nursing after organic chemistry decided to kick my rear.one year ago:
I finally had a nursing job after 5 months of searching. I moved away from home, bought a new car, and got a dog (who alternates being the joy of my life or the absolute bane of my existence)five snacks:
Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide or Chunky Monkey, lefse with butter and sugar, cheese (preferably co-jack), plain wheat thins, BBQ pringles (all in moderation of course)five songs I know all the words to (and will sing at the top of my lungs in the car):
1) The Fox's Tale (Nickel Creek) 2) Don't Worry About It (SheDaisy) 3) Baton Rouge (Garth Brooks) 4) Nothin' 'Bout Love (LeAnn Rimes) 5) If You're Good to Mama (Chicago)five things I would do with $100 million:
1. Travel everywhere, spending a good portion of time in Switzerland 2. Pay off all of my debts, and any of my parents' debts 3. Build myself a library like the one in Beauty and the Beast (I love to read) 4. Build myself and my parents each a new house 5. Buy yarn (of course!)five places to run away to:
1. Home to Mom's good cooking 2. Into a good book that I've read over and over so it's like an old friend 3. Into a good move (same reason as #3) 4. To a big bowl of mashed potatos with garlic and sour cream (yay for comfort food!) 5. A steaming hot showerfive things I would never wear:
1. A size 6 shoe. I don't think I've ever been a size 6 shoe. I think I went straight from kid's sizes to a size 9 in one summer. 2. A Size 6 jeans. See #1 3. A bikini. Even though I own several, I haven't been seen in public in one since high school 4. Anything backless. Tanktops are fine, but no halter tops. 5. A ponchofive favorite TV shows:
1. Lost 2. CSI (original only) 3. Star Trek: Voyager 4. The Amazing Race 5. Survivor (I have to admit that I'm ashamed of this last one, but I'm addicted to it.)five biggest joys:
1. My family 2. My puppy 3. Getting to see Europe 4. The group of ladies at sit and knit 5. Seeing something form while I'm knitting and seeing the joy in someone's eyes when I given them something that I've madefavorite toys:
1. My computer 2. My sewing machine 3. My dressform 4. My Rowenta iron (so nice to finally have an iron that has a steam button) 5. My puppy, Phoebe, she's endless hours of entertainment. Just her tailwagging makes me laughfive people to pass this on to:
I'm terrible. I don't know anyone to pass this on to who hasn't already done it, so if anyone out there is reading this and hasn't done this already, then consider yourself tagged. Post a comment so I can read your quiz and learn more about you!