Keeping Me in Stitches

Saturday, August 11, 2007

HOT!!!!

That would be me.....and I don't mean visually, I mean temperature wise.

I woke up this afternoon and just knew that I had to get outside and mow. I haven't mowed my backyard in about 2 1/2 weeks and it was turning into a jungle. And all my neighbors (except that lady who lives next door) are hypervigilant about mowing their lawns every other day to a specific height. I think the guy on the corner was former military or something because I never see him out mowing (or hear him), but his lawn is always mowed to exacting precision. Then there's mine. I actually mowed just my front lawn last Thursday so they couldn't start to complain about the state of the weeds. My backyard is fenced so they can't see!

So outside I went. It's probably 99 outside with heat index of 115 or something. I'm just dripping. Forget about pulling out the weed wacker to get the edges. They can grow. So my front and back yards are mowed, and now I'm inside dripping sweat and contemplating what to drink to replace the gallon of fluids I just lost outside. I'm thinking lemonade. Yeah....that sounds good.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    woman, you are INSANE! i wilted at contemplating driving from the irvington walmart to hobby lobby, and your nutty ass is outside mowing? nutty as a fruitcake, i swear!

    sean mowed this morning, and liam will mow the in laws tomorrow morning. we're saving my house for monday morning. sigh.

     
  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger deawn said…

    I got a headache just reading about it. (Thanks a lot!!!)

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    You're welcome Deawn!! I'm actually going to be out in more of it today. My church's slow-pitch softball team's last game of the season is tonight at 5. So think of me while you all are inside in airconditioned comfort while you're eating dinner.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home