Keeping Me in Stitches

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

an update

Well, at least it was a quiet weekend at work. It was also the last weekend that I got to have my nursing student with me. He did a great job and really got to learn a lot. And gave me time to knit at work. *wink wink*

That's how I managed to make so much knitting progress this weekend. Normally, when I have a work weekend, my knitting time drops off to nothing. But including the time I've spent knitting tonight, I'm already past the heel gusset of the Fawkes sock that I cast on last Thursday.

I also got my big Knitpicks order in the mail over the weekend. I ordered some of the single pockets for my options set, a book that Mom wanted, Knit Kimono for me, and 44 balls of Wool of the Andes to make an afghan for a co-worker. That's right 44 balls. And I spent over an hour tonight just winding them into cakes. They're all stacked into a box right now so all that's left is to cast on. I'm planning on using them to make the Ombre Alpaca Blanket from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, but in greens. I got (from darkest to lightest) Evergreen, Grass, Fern, Asparagus, Avocado, and Cloud. Think it should be pretty, but I'll have to resist the siren song of the socks and chevron scarf in order to get this done by October. At least now I can stop feeling guilty about the Colorful Waves afghan (another knitpicks creation) that I had started last fall as a wedding present. I've got this instead and at least this will be easy tv knitting.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    well, still 44 balls at their prices? isn't that only like $70? definitely a nice present, either way.

     
  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    44 skeins??? Okay, at least the prices are reasonable. You must like that person. I will have to go and pull my copy of the book. I think that is one of the patterns that I really liked. If I buy the yarn, would you knit it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home