Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, September 12, 2005

Eww and aww

Came home from work this morning, walked out onto my patio to let the pooch out. Just glanced down at my folded up lawnchair.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

See the little black speck in the seat? That was this.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The disgusting thing's body was about an inch long and the legs gave it a diameter of about 3 inches. I have never in my life seen any spider that big besides on tv or in National Geographic. Eww! I ran inside, grabbed the camera and the can of Raid and sprayed the thing down after I took pictures. May I repeat...eww!!! If anyone knows what kind of spider this is, please let me know. I may want to have the townhome people fumigate my place if it's a poisonous variety. I don't even want to think of something that nasty being inside where I live.

So now to counter the eww factor, here's some aww!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's Phoebe coming out from under the hoopskirt and pettiecoat that are on my dressform. She loves running in and out of that thing and I was finally able to catch her partway out.

I'm off to knit the night away.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    dont quote me, but i think it was a wolf spider, and those are not venomous. just hideous and scary. god god, that sucker was huge! (most big spiders aren't venomous, they depend on their size to nab their prey). the puppy is just darling

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    I linked to this on the knitty boards too and pretty much everyone agrees that it was probably a wolf spider. I've already been chastized by two people for spraying, and therefore, killing it. Oh well. If I see anything that's got more than two legs and two eyes, that sucker's going down. Either to the bottom of my shoe, or to the can of Raid.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    i dont' blame you, hon. spiders (or any other creepy crawlies) don't bother me, but they really sick out my daughter and oldest son. she uses hairspray on them too, because the cat will eat anything, and i don't want to lose jimi to a raid laced spider.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home