Keeping Me in Stitches

Saturday, September 17, 2005

How can you resist...

...25% off? I obviously couldn't even though I've got yarn coming out my ears from my vacation earlier this summer. I went to SoP "just to knit and get out of the house". Came home with a huge bag of Cascade, Lamb's Pride Bulky, Nature Wool, DB cotton cashmere, and a couple of other things.

As if that wasn't enough, I decided to go to Joann's because I had a 40% off coupon. Picked out Knitting on the Edge and The Knitter's Bible along with some Red Heart Kids to edge the round baby blanket in. Get up to the register and find out that my coupon doesn't begin until tomorrow! Well heck if I'm going to drive all the way down there again tomorrow so I just paid full price and left.

Now I'm safely home, ready to embed myself in my knitting.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    honey, i think everybody got bit by that bug at SoP. i ended up buying way too much yarn, with no pattern in mind, but it's yummy rhapsody! i figure it this way, i saved $19 (granted, i wouldn't have spent $62, but hey, this was for ME!) and of course, in my hunt for handpainted silk, touche (on 60th ave & maple) is owned by a wonderful woman, who will hunt stuff down for you in a heartbeat. she has a woman here in town who handpaints yarn, and when i asked her about handpainted silk, since i'd seen some delish wool in her store, she called the gal, and she brought a bunch in! and (here's the best part) it was only $7.95 a skein! get your fanny downt here and buy some (wait til tuesday though, she's not open on sunday or monday)

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    Sadly, I have to work on Thursday (again!), so I won't be there unless by some miracle I decide to come early and leave a little early to get to work. Why don't you play it safe and just mail it to me?

    Do nachos still sound good for me to bring? With or without meat, or with meat on the side?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home