Keeping Me in Stitches

Friday, May 04, 2007

MYB is here!!!

I had joined the Magic Yarn Ball swap over on the LnV messageboards last month. After sending off my stuff to Becca, I was waiting for my package to arrive from Janice (aka NotMe) in Canada. And it finally came today!!! There was a slight fiasco with the UPS guy. Evidently their idea of delivering to my "porch" involved stepping off my front steps and wedging the box in between my security system sign and the house. I almost missed it, but found it on the second sweep as I was going inside.

Here's the two MYBs that Janice sent me!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

MYB #1 (the one on the left in the first picture) had a bunch of goodies in the middle. To start on the outside, Janice (who really needs to get a blog so I can link to her...hint hint) had threaded alphabet beads on some string. This first ball spelled out Carin. Inside was a skein of Alchemy Yarns 100% bamboo in bright blue, a set of size 1 Brittney dpns, a button that you can personalize by threading yarn through different holes, a sample set of Soak woolwash, and a knitted cupcake (that's the orange funfur sticking out the top). All of that was wrapped up in a skein of Fleece Artist Sea Wool sock yarn in Wild Flowers.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

MYB #2 (the labeled with Alcariel beads) had more Soak samples, an ounce of alpaca/bombyx silk fiber, size 2 Brittney dpns, a bag of really yummy milk chocolate wafers, and a magnet from Lettuce Knit (where the Yarn Harlot and Amy Singer go for their SnB). This was wrapped up in another skein of the Sea Wool, also in Wild Flowers, but slightly different than the first. Both are gorgeous though.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And now I'm off to knit some more on the Grasshopper sock and keep spinning on my Jonagold fiber.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger deawn said…

    Yo.

    Lettuce Knit is a lovely place--you can see some of the work of one of their employees, Cosmic Pluto, by going to this site: [http://cosmicpluto.com] --and no, I don't know her personally. (Not yet, anyway). Ha!

    Oddly enough, I was chillin' at Mouliné [http://www.mouline.com] this aft, and of all people, ran into this girl who was visiting from Cedar Rapids. (Are midwesterners following me, or what??).

    See you soon,
    - d.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home