Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, May 03, 2007

woohoo!!!! photo update!!!!

And it's about time too. Let's get this started!

First up are my Monkey socks that I knit in Cherry Tree Hill's Life's a Beach colorway. Gorgeous!! Why did it take me so long to break into my CTH stash?! I'm loving this yarn.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's another angle. Did you know that it's really really hard to bend over and try to take a picture of your own feet when you can't even touch your own toes?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Next up is the Magic Yarn Ball that I sent to Becca from the LnV messageboards. She blogged it all unwrapped over at her site, so just follow the link. I ended up having to use two skeins of sock yarn to get all her goodies wrapped. One (the one you can see) is Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Wild Raspberry. Then in the middle is some Meteor (roving dyed by Miss Violet and spun by me). All kinds of goodies including gummy rats.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Also stuffed in that ball of goodies was a sockblocker keychain. So of course I had to knit a little sock to go on it! Here it is next to my nano for a size reference. Kinda blurry, but at 3 AM we take what we can get.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Moving on, I've got the start of my latest RSC kit sock. Here's my modified Grasshopper sock (switched out the p2tog for k2tog).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And last is the first four ounces of Goblin Elbows Blue superwash merino roving, spun up into sock yarn. It's two-ply and about 375 yards. I've got another 4 ounces, but I think that'll wait a while.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I worked some more on my Grasshopper sock tonight and then broke out the wheel again and started spinning some 50/50 merino/tencel from Blue Moon in their Jonagold colorway. I've got 10 ounces and no clue what it's going to be. But it's purdy!!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger Mamateja said…

    Your STR socks looks awesome ... not that much different from mine. ¡Qué buen trabajo!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Allegra said…

    Very nice Monkeys! Your Grasshopper sock is looking good. I decided to do a different pattern with my April yarn, since I've never done toe-up yet, and still have to tackle the Feb kit!

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    i smell a jonagold shawl. 10 oz? sheesh! and i'm sure you can spin froghair!

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Judith said…

    Oh, Pshaw! Those Monkey socks look outrageously familiar! I've been knitting a pattern exactly like that! I felt so clever for adapting it from the motif I found!

    *sigh* Well, great minds think alike, I suppose.

    Darn. I was going to send that pattern to Knitty. I can't possibly send in something that someone else has already done.

    I guess that means I can post the photo on my blog now. I did them up in the StR SunStone, and I'm working on a second pair in Fiesta Boomerang (Rain Forest colorway). They're very cool.

    Did you do an eye-of-partridge heel flap? I've found it works very nicely with the over all design.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home