Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, July 16, 2007

*thud*

I am so stinking tired from working the weekend! It's not that it was a bad weekend (no poo involved), but it was slow. We're hitting a point at work where the patients have been there a while, so they're getting settled in and sleeping through the night and not putting on their call lights every 5 minutes. But it makes the night go very slow.

On the plus side, I was able to start a new sock! It's the Bellatrix pattern from socktopia.net. I'm loving it. It's involved enough that you have to concentrate, but not so hard that you can't put it down before the round is over. And it's knitting up quick too. I think I've got 6 out of 7 leg repeats done and just started it Saturday (only working on it at work). Woohoo for quick socks! It's being knit in Lisa Souza's Sock! in Shade Garden on size 2s.

And I finished the Borg Queen/One Mind, One Voice socks! After a marathon knitting session at Eliza's on Thursday night, these are done!
one mind one voice

I also started a Chevron scarf out of Koigu and I've got about a foot and a half done so far. Don't have the tags for the official numbers, but the colors were called Waters and Joe's Shirts by the staff at Personal Threads.
chevron close-up

And lastly....I've finished Chart A of clue 1 for the Mystery Stole 3. I don't think it's turning out too badly! Knitting this in Jaggerspun Zephyr in Mushroom on size 4s.
MS3 Chart A

Eliza and I are going to the midnight book opening at the Borders out by me. I'm still debating whether to geek out and go in uniform or not. I guess I'll wait and see what the heat's supposed to be like. Although I survived in my wool sweater, wool skirt, and wool robe two years ago when the heat index was 120 or something like that. And it is the last book....guess I'd better go and make sure the dumb thing still fits.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    i'm on row 31, lol. the boys and i are going to the one at 72nd. at least the teenage girl from the library who teases liam will be there, lol (she's 17, lol, but she acts more like they're her little brothers, lol)

    were you assimilated? did you make your marathon goal?

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger saphire said…

    if the doggone uniform thing does not fit, life will go on.


    btw, the 1mind1voice jaywalkers rock - this coming from probably one of the ONLY people who hasn't knit them yet.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Wenchfaery said…

    Oh, come on, go in costume. You know you want to. And it's the last book- you won't have this chance again!

    ~Wenchfaery, who is going as a Death Eater with one other and a Voldemort

     

Post a Comment

<< Home