Keeping Me in Stitches

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Here I go again...

I don't know why I'm taking three weeks to make posts around here. There's been stuff going on, but I just haven't sat down to blog about it.

First a couple of FOs.
The Blue Tulip sweater
Blue Tulip

And the Turquoise Monkey socks
Tuquoise Monkeys

Two weekends ago, my parents came down to visit and help me build a retaining wall/flower bed in my backyard. Here it is in all its completed glory.
The whole wall

And then an artsy shot from the far left end.
The Wall


I'll get more pictures next spring once I get some plants in it. It'll really help to beautify the backyard and I might spend a little more time out there.

In knitting, I've completed the front of a Nottingham sweater by Jacquelyn Landry. No real spinning lately.

7 Comments:

  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger US Citizenship Podcast said…

    Adorable baby sweater. Very impressive fence.

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Amnicon Studio said…

    I loved the blues in the sweater and socks. Very impressive retaining wall. It looks great.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very very nice! I like the retaining wall too :) I'm always amazed at the large expanses of flat lawns in the Midwest, my kids would be jealous!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Lovely colours!
    How did you get the sweater and socks to hang on the wall like that?

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Love the colors :-), the socks came out really cute, that is one of my favorite patterns, I did a Monkey Baby blanket :-) Your backyard looks great!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    In regards to getting my knitting to "stick" to the wall...the stone is just rough enough to grab the knitting, but not so rough that it snags it. Kind of works like the flannel-graph boards I remember them using in Sunday school. The board would be flannel and the little figures would be flannel-backed so everything would stick.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger yarnpr0n said…

    Wow, you've been busy! You inspired me to try the Monkey pattern myself, for the first time. I have to say, it's a pretty good pattern! I can see why they are so addictive!
    The baby sweater is so sweet!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home