Keeping Me in Stitches

Sunday, November 16, 2008

When motivation hits...

...don't question it. The Nottingham sweater is 99% complete. I only have to crochet around the neck edge and weave the ends in from that. So my one weekend goal will be complete either this morning or later this afternoon when I get up.

The Tulip baby sweater's body is almost complete. I'm on the bottom seed stitch border, but it was laid aside this weekend in favor of getting my own sweater done. Funny story with this one. I had another tulip sweater in another color in my Loopy Ewe tote at work on Friday. Cindy, the baby's mom, saw the sweater and asked what I was working (since she's a knitter too). I pulled out the sherbet colored sweater and showed it to her. She replied "Oh! One of the ladies at my SnB made one of these for Brogan, but the colors are kind of girly so my husband won't let me put it on him." When I heard she already had one, my heart about fell out of my chest. But the girly comment made it restart. I've got about the "manliest" colors that Dream in Color makes picked out for this sweater. Here's hoping that it'll still fit by the time I get done with it.

And I cast on the second Lenore sock in STR Sapphire. I'm into the easy part of the leg. Again, it's been put aside until the sweater is done.

No spinning, but I still have to ply the Bonkers' merino/tencel in Raspberry.

Now I need to go track down the Nottingham pattern and my crochet hooks. Just my luck, I probably won't have the size I need. Pics to follow late tonight since I'm supposed to head out to V's to record since KD is coming into town. Later!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home