Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, May 17, 2007

No go for launch

Well, I got an email back from Blue Moon and was basically shot down. According to the lady who emailed me, they don't have any Sheep-2-Shoe kits and aren't offering any roving right now. Hmmm....then why did I just see over on Cookie A's blog that they're spinning up Sheep-2-Shoe kits?!? Very interesting.

I did manage to save the Jonagold roving. It's kind of lifeless right now, but it's not overtwisted at least.

I started my One Mind, One Voice Jaywalkers out of the Borg Queen sock yarn Miss Violet dyed up. I'm loving it. I showed the yarn to my pastor last night and once I explained it, he laughed. He actually talked about the Borg in his sermon on Sunday. I'm so glad I have a pastor who's a sci-fi geek!

Started spinning the Crown Mountain Farms Sock Hop fiber I got around Christmas time. Decided to start with My Boyfriend's Back. Gorgeous!! If I wouldn't have been hosting a couple of college girls at my house last night (they're part a touring bell choir), I so would have been on my computer and ordering more.

And finally....I might get another puppy. I heard on the news this morning that the Humane Society had raided a puppy mill and rescued over 150 puppies overnight. They're letting people adopt them starting Sunday and they're only asking half their normal donation for them. I'm seriously debating.

Off to bed!!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    maybe you need to google sheep-to-shoe kits? who knows?

    and phoebe is getting a sibling!

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Purlescence Yarns in Sunnyvale CA has several Sheep 2 Shoe kits in stock - I think they might have only 2 or 3 colors in right now. You could order from them. I got my Sheep 2 Shoe kits from Stitches West at Blue Moon's Booth and from Purlescence. Hope that helps.

    Kristi from http://www.knitanon.com/blog

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    You could also see if the Fold in Illinois has any Blue Moon fiber in stock -- though they may be sold out from the recent wool festivals.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home