Keeping Me in Stitches

Friday, August 24, 2007

Five question from Minnie

So Minnie had posted this thing on her blog that if you left her a comment, she'd ask you five quesitons. Here are the five she asked me, and since she bugged me about it last night, I guess I'd better get to answering them.

1. why did you choose nursing?
I always wanted to do something with healthcare as far back as I can remember. Whether it was a nurse, doctor, or vet, I wanted to do healthcare. I started off in college as a pre-med student, but when organic chemistry kicked my butt, I switched to nursing. And I'm very glad I did. I'd still be in school if I'd stuck with wanting to be a doctor.

2. what is the craziest thing you've ever knit (i already know, sewing wise, sheesh!)
Crazy knitted thing. Hmmm...that's tough. I'd say the 3 knitted Yodas I've done. And the Super Secret Project I'm currently working on. That's pretty insane, but just from the fact that I never thought I'd design something. Crazy time-wise would be the summer that I decided to enter a baby blanket in the county fair and stayed up all night trying to finish it. I was still sewing in ends as we drove to the fairgrounds (3 minutes from my house) and ended up winning a blue ribbon and beating out a woman who had been knitting for about 30 years longer than I had.

3. what is your favorite food?
Pork loin and garlic sour cream mashed potatos is my comfort food. Favorite junk food would be Ruffles baked potato chips with french onion chip dip and a big glass of Dr. Pepper. Oh yeah.

4. tell me a funny college story.
The funniest thing I can think of from college is when my friend Mary fell on a patch of ice. Her one butt cheek swelled up and she had to go to health services (aka health circus) to have the fluid drained out of it 6 different times. I think the total ended up being over 850 ml. It wasn't amusing for her, but it sure made for funny stories in the caf. Especially when she'd complain about how her jeans were fitting again because she'd just had her butt drained. Yeah...that got some funny looks.

5. what is the scariest thing you've ever seen?
Scariest movie would be Signs with Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix. Tin foil hats made it entertaining, but I can't look at a corn field the same way anymore. And I live about 100 yards away from one everyother summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home