Keeping Me in Stitches

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

wrapping things up

Christmas has snuck up on me again! All my knitted Christmas presents are done (minus weaving in a few ends), so I'm all set in that department. My tree still needs to be decorated, but at least it's up.

I've spent the last couple of days working on a new pair of slippers for myself. The old ones my mom made for me almost 4 years ago are coming apart and I've had to switch to a pair of store-bought ones that work, but don't keep my feet as warm as the wool ones did. A couple months ago, I ordered Cascade 220 from The Loopy Ewe just so I could make myself a new pair of slippers and I'm finally getting around to it. I got Purple Jewel Heather and Dark Charcoal Heather to make the Fiber Trends' Felted Clogs. I've been amazed at how fast they've gone. One slipper was complete in about 4 hours of knitting time. Wow! Tonight I started the second one and I'm already working on the upper portion so I'm pretty confident that I'll have a pair by morning. Then they'll just have to be felted and shaped. Hopefully they'll be dry to take home for Christmas.

I've also got a surprise of a Christmas present for someone that needs to be finished and have some handsewing done to complete it. Should probably get going on that too. Forgot about that one.

And aside from a boring pair of stockinette socks in Opal's Harry Potter sock yarn (colorway Tonks), that's it for knitting! I've even been boring myself.

Have to work this coming weekend and then Tuesday and Wednesday. Heading to the parents' Christmas Day after I get off work. So I guess I'll write again after Christmas!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Chelsea the Yarngeek said…

    The clogs are where it's at this year! Dad's clogs are drying as we speak. A tip for making them dry fast... If you have floor vents, take a cookie rack (the kind used for cooling cookies), place it over the vent and set the clogs on top. The warm air circulating will help them dry a lot faster.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Tini said…

    I never made myself slippers but since we have wooden flooring instead of carpet that might be way to slippery.
    I'm nearly finished with the christmas gifts, except that I decided to make another pj for my godchild! TODAY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home