Keeping Me in Stitches

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'll admit it....

I caved. Miss Violet just makes sock yarns that are too pretty to resist. So a skein of Nasht sock yarn is now mine. I went 53 1/2 days without buying yarn for myself. The counter has now been reset. And may I point out that I work with a bunch of enablers. They were the little devils on my shoulder whispering "Buy it! Buy it! It's only one skein."

So I've decided to give up the yarn diet for Lent. I'll still be following it, but I'm not going to deprive myself if I see something really beautiful.

And the good news from my boss. I'll be going to a conference in Boston with her and 4 other co-workers in early April....in fact, it's the week before I head out to Virginia Beach to visit Sarah. So I'm going to have a lot of traveling under my belt. And the best part....is that my work picks up the bill for the conference!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    ummmmm, that doesn't make sense. giving up the yarn diet for lent? isn't the whole point self-sacrifice? i'm confuzzled.

    and have fun at the conference!

    mark & i finally decided where we're going for the honeymoon: Memphis. mark gets his blues/jazz fix, a nd he's promised i can shop yarn stores!

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Elizabeth Metz said…

    Yes, but are they footing the bill for the yarn you will inevitably happen across while you are traveling?

    There are some mighty fine yarn stores up thataway...

     
  • At 3:43 AM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    Unfortunately, they won't pay for the yarn, but you'd better believe that I'll be coming back with a LOT more yarn than I go with.

    I've already started research on stores in Boston. I had high hopes for possibly going to WEBS, but it's on the other side of the state. Described it to my boss (the whole shopping cart and letting me loose with it in the warehouse) and she started laughing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home