Keeping Me in Stitches

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Is it bad....

.....that I'm kind of mad that there are kids sledding in my front yard and they didn't bother to ask me if they could? I'd have said yes if I was asked, but they didn't. And I'm not talking that they're starting in the neighbor's yard (at least one is the neighbor's kid) and ending up in mine. They are actually walking over to right under my front window and sledding down to the street in my yard. I guess when I was a child, I was raised to ask my neighbor's permission before I went in their yard, and we always had neighbor kids ring the doorbell to ask if they could play on our swingset. Am I wrong to just want to be asked?

Maybe I just need coffee.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    nope, it's not bad. the kids always asked in my neighborhood when i lived in blair. however, the back yard neighbor's son seems to think that my yard is his personal sidewalk to 29th st. thank god that kid is a senior this year, and i won't have to worry about him toooo much longer (we hope!)

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Judith said…

    No, it's not bad that you're mad. They're on your property without permission. If there's any kind of accident, it goes against your homeowner's insurance, even if you didn't give permission. You know those horror stories of people with a swimming pool in the back yard -- they have a locked fence around it, but kids climb over the fence and then get injured as they're playing in and around the pool. The homeowners get sued because they have "an attractive nuisance."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home