Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, May 28, 2007

State of the Me address

Ok....I feel the need to blog since I'm in something of a funk right now. But I'll start off with the good stuff.

Pirates!! I know people haven't exactly cared for this movie, so I didn't go into it with high expectations. I think that's what helped me get through it. Minnie, you were right about that point you made last Thursday. Once I knew to look for it, it was easy to spot. I did love how some plot points were resolved. But I was disappointed in Cap'n Jack. He just kind of faded from the story and afterwards I found myself wondering....what happened to Jack!? My opinion? Good movie, but I'll wait for it to come out on dvd before I watch it again.

Mom and Dad came to visit this weekend and we got my garden planted and some housekeeping stuff done. I've got strawberries, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatos, green pepper, and rhubarb in my (hopefully!!) rabbit-proof garden. The dead vines were cleared out of my clematis, weeds were sprayed, garden hoses set out, dead front lawn raked and re-seeded, a picture hung, and lots of food eaten. Mom and I also cranked out some squares to donate to a lady making blankets for family's in Greensburg, KS. I'm planning on hitting up my stash for some more yarn so I can do a few more.

But other than that, I haven't really felt like doing much fiber-related. Mom also frogged my finished Grasshopper sock for me. I may re-do it, but top-down and without the leg gusset. I've been working on my Borg Queen sock and finally managed to turn the heel this afternoon.

I went to a party at a neighbor's last night and managed to finally meet two neighbors that I had met in the year since I moved into my house. Just took some Veggietales videos over to one couple who has a 3-year-old little girl named Grace. She's adorable! I also got to meet the neighbor cop's girlfriend....I'm not impressed. To hear her tell, she's a stylist for an advertising agency.....I'm reading that as she's a cosmetologist who sometimes works for an ad group when they need help. Especially when she said she's from Kansas City. How many big advertising/commercial-making groups are there in KC? Whatever. My parents saw her too and weren't too impressed. But I'm done with that.

Still spinning on the CMF roving. I haven't even made it through the first 4 oz yet. That'll hopefully come later this week.

Guess that's all for the moment. I'd better start getting ready for work tonight. At least it's only an 8-hour shift thanks to the holiday.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger BeauNoze said…

    You've been tagged. Visit www.beaunoze.wordpress.com

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    remind me again of the point i made last thursday? i've slept since then (and moved the entire world on my back, just call me atlas)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home