Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, April 17, 2008

no cookie!

I've been a bad blogger. Obviously, I haven't posted the pictures that I promised. They're still on my camera and I'll be taking a few more pictures to add to them this weekend.

Let's see. Where to start? How about with knitting!

Over the weekend at work, I cast on for the March RSC Leafling socks. I've got the ribbing done for the first sock on magic loop, but I got distracted. You see, E and I had done a joint order from Blue Moon together and my 5 skeins of STR had arrived. I've pretty much decided to make Monkey socks out of all the yarn so those were cast on Friday night at work in the Rockstar (aka Cotton Candy on Acid) colorway. I finished the first sock on Tuesday morning before I went to bed and I'm 2 repeats into the second sock. This is also a bit of an experiment, since I don't know if the lightweight STR has enough yardage to complete a pair of Monkey socks for my ski feet. I've got high hopes that it will since I had a decent amount of yarn leftover from by Lenore socks.

However, both socks have been put on hold since the 4th part of the Mystic Lights shawl pattern came out today. I've been working on that tonight, but it's progressing slowly since there is now patterning on the right and wrong sides of the fabric. I can't just mindlessly purl back on the wrong-sided rows.

I haven't started spinning anything since I finished the CMF Big Yellow Taxi. I'm planning on starting in on some llama roving from a lady in my hometown. I've got 3 different shades, so I think I'm going to three-ply it and make a tweedy yarn. Should be fun!

Letterboxing will also happen this weekend. I've sucked my dad into the hobby and even carved him his own signature stamp so when he finds a box he can stamp in. We'll probably have a 10-box day this weekend while my parents are visiting. Yay for increasing the F count!

And now it's back to the grindstone. I need to finish laundry so I have something to wear to work tonight.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Ilix said…

    I am totally curious about how the Yellow Taxi looks spun. Seriously those pictures must be great!!
    I hope you have a good time with your parents visiting.

    About the cookie............ you can have one later.(podcast first, then cookie...LOL)

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Knitted Zebra said…

    Letterboxing and knitting ~ doesn't get more fun than that! Whoo hoo! I love both. I was googling the Ombre Alpaca Blanket and wanted to say I enjoyed looking at yours. Wondered if you moving to size 15 needles helped it go by any quicker? Others are saying how large theirs came out and so your idea of only doing 160 stitches sounds appealing. What size did yours end up being? I love the color gradation and am giving some serious thought to knitting one and some serious thought to only doing the 160 stitches like you. So thanks in advance for letting me know the final size on yours as it will help me decide on mine. Your Ombre blanket is beautiful!

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    I used a worsted weight yarn (hence the going up to 15s and using less stitches). Just remember that you need an odd number of stitches for this pattern to work.

    I think my final blanket in worsted was around 4' by 5 1/2'.

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Knitted Zebra said…

    Thanks! I am still drooling over the Ombre Blanket. Have a feeling I will be knitting one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home