Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, May 05, 2008

So I've been thinking....

As I was walking around Wally World in my work-induced sleep-deprived state this morning, I realized that I was going to be bringing home even more plastic bags. I've been planning on making some bags to carry with me to the store but I've just never gotten around to it. Just then, I happened to wander by the craft/fabric area and on one of the end shelved was the big cones of kitchen cotton. For a little over $6 each. Hmmm....

I bought two cones. Because sometimes when I go grocery shopping, I buy a lot of stuff.

That means tonight will be devoted to my second Monkey sock in STR Seastone and to starting the first of what will hopefully be many reusable shopping bags.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    make 'em extra long. that stuff shrinks like a fiend.

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger BalletMommy said…

    Great going! But while you're waiting to finish making your bags...check out www.envirosax.com. Crazy Aunt Purl mentioned them and I bought a set. They're great. Small (a whole set of 5 will fit in your purse) but hold a ton in each! I can't say enough good things about them. I'm using for toting knitting too! And will give them as holiday gifts next year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home