Keeping Me in Stitches

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Here's to a great year!

I've decided to start the new year with a great big cleaning binge. Don't ask me why, but I want nothing more than to clean out my closet, dust, vacuum, do home improvement projects and just generally do what most people would consider "spring cleaning" in January. To illustrate how crazy I was....I was actually considering calling my trash company to rent a dumpster just so I could throw stuff into it from my second story windows. I'm sure the neighbors would have loved that one. Decided to sit on that idea until we're not having sleet/rain/snow on a daily basis. But it will happen this spring!

Speaking of out with the old....
Out with the old....
These are my old Fibertrends Felted Clogs that my mom made me 4 years ago. Notice the gaping holes in the toes of each one. The soles were just as bad.

....and in with the new!
...in with the new
My new felted clogs (same pattern) knit by me! Knit out of Cascade 220 in Purple Jewel Heather and Dark Charcoal Heather in the women's large size. It took 2 balls of each color and I still had quite a bit left over.

More FOs!!!

My Bluebird Lenores from the RSC 2007 Lenore pattern and knit in STR lightweight in Sapphire. As much as I love the original socks in the Raven colorway, these held so much more magic because I could see the stitch pattern of the feathers at the top. I might do these again in a red sometime.
Bluebird Lenores

My Christmas present for V. It's the sushi wallet kit done with the single"sushi" that really looks like some kind of diseased nipple. It's worse in person...trust me. But V loves it so I'm leaving it. This just needs the zipper sewn in and the "sushi" attached to the front.
V's Gangrenous Nipple Wallet

Tonks socks!
Tonks socks
These are just plain vanilla stockinette socks on 64 sts and a US 2 needle. Done out of Opal's Harry Potter line in the Tonks colorway. I told the little ocd part of my brain to shut up when it tried to insist that I make the stripes match and I love that they don't!

...and hope for the future!
Next sweater!
Cascade 220 in Shire to make Snow White by Ysolda Teague. I've swatched and I'm ready to start!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Totally agree with you description of the sushi wallet - I made one (it's in pieces) and wonder about it. Can't wait to see your Snow White - that's on my short list!

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger Tini said…

    Happy new year!
    Wow, you have been productive. The Lenores look awesome. I haven't had Snow White on my list, but after seeing sew-mads
    http://sew-mad.blogspot.com/2009/01/snow-white.html I might fall down in the end. I have yarn here, that would look great with the pattern but I think I'll finish my FLS first

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You might just have just talked me into knitting those clogs! And I love the color of the yarn you're using for your Snow White!

    yarnbeans

     

Post a Comment

<< Home