Keeping Me in Stitches

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Kyoto sleeves complete!!

The neverending sleeves are done!! I finally decided just to sit down and finish the dumb things the other night. So what if I didn't make them the 20" they were supposed to be to fit my orangutan arms. They're about 19 1/2" and I wasn't going to tie on a new stinking ball for each sleeve to make up that last 1/2". I just need to block the fronts, back and sleeves, seam them together, then pick up the stitches for the neckband. After that's done I'll finish the sash part that I started....hmmm...about 4 months ago.

I completely lost any love for this sweater about 6 inches into the sleeves. It may have even been sooner than that because of the blankity-blank GGH Mystik. I will never, repeat NEVER, work with this yarn again. It feels lovely, but it a pain in the butt to knit with. When Kyoto is done, all unused balls will be returned to String of Purls ASAP. There will be no lingering in the stash for this demon yarn.

That's all. I'm going to bed now.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Lisa P said…

    Whoo, thanks for the heads up on that yarn. If I ever see some for sale, I'll know to steer clear.

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    I'm not gonna be there tonight. Stupid work. *kicks work and goes off to pout*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home