Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, November 14, 2005

No workie tonight!

Well, I've had a first. The first time since I started working that I've ever called in. I had worked Friday and Saturday night, then went to church Sunday morning to play bells at both services. Unfortunately, second service went long (thanks to two baptisms) and I didn't get home until noon. There was no way I was going to be able to function at work on 4 hours or less of sleep since it wouldn't be safe for me or my patients, so I called in. Then proceded to sleep until 1:15 AM. 13 hours. Guess I really needed it. I'm off tonight (Monday) too, so should be able to get caught up.

In knitting news...
I still haven't restarted the lace shawl. I just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe next weekend when I'm off and have a little more time.

In the meantime, I started a very very very simple lace shawl out of the sari silk yarn I bought this summer. It's going to be so much nicer than a purse. It's going fast, and I'm almost done with the first ball.

Still need to start my Hermione mittens. I've resigned myself to the fact that they won't be done in time for the movie since it opens this Friday. I should just start the ones like them that I'm planning on knitting for my friend Kristi.

And that's all I've got for ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home