Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, November 07, 2005

plugging away

Went to SoP on Saturday to get some help with starting my friend's shawl that I'm making her for Christmas. Becky S. was kind enough to demonstrate how to do a provisional cast-on to poor, crochet-unable me. After only two false starts I was off and flying. Got the set-up rows and two whole pattern repeats done before I left. The ladies seemed to think I was flying through it and I'll even admit that it might get done in time for Christmas.

Especially since I just joined on the fourth ball of DB cashmerino aran for my dad's Irish Hiking Scarf. I think if I do about 10 more repeats it'll be plenty long enough for him. I might have that done by sit and knit on Thursday too.

Next will be the mittens to match my Hatmione. I really want to have them done for GoF since I'm going in costume with another lady from work. We're planning on hitting the noon showing on Friday before all the little kiddies get out of school. I don't think there are going to be any midnight showings at the theaters here, but I'm going to check this week.

And it's awesome that titaniumrose won the hat contest at SoP!!! I'm just wondering if the numbers on our hats was the indicator for how we placed. If that's the case, my Hatmione came in sixth. Not bad. Better than it thought it would if that was the case. I took pictures of all the hats on Saturday. They're still on my camera so I'll post them later this week.

Suppose I'd better head off to bed. Need to get some sleep today so I can be awake for work tonight.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    Yep, this Thursday is the one where I can actually make it to SoP. So I'll see you there!

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    oooo, oooo, oooo! i wanna see! i don't know if they'll still be there by the time i get there thursday or not. i wanna see the shawl! sounds cool! and provisional cast on's are easier than you think, lol. you'll get the hang easily enough on your own.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home