Keeping Me in Stitches

Friday, November 11, 2005

somebody shoot me now

Before I give you a reason for shooting me, here are pictures of the hats from the contest at SoP.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mine's the red cable/bobble hat in the second picture. I didn't win anything but got a lot of compliments on it and it's going to look great with my HP uniform when I go to the movie. Plus it was just fun to knit.

So sit and knit was fun tonight. Erin and Minnie were an absolute riot. Knitting and crocheting small animals and aliens leads to some very interesting conversations. Sorry I was so out of it tonight guys!

And because I was so out of it, I somehow managed to majorly screw up my leaf lace shawl. Even after a 2 hour nap, I was unable to get it to a point where I can salvage it. So here it is.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It has been completely frogged and I will be using lifelines in my next attempt. I don't know what went wrong. My row counts were coming out right, but the pattern got off somehow. Probably skipped a row while we were laughing at flying pigs, lemur tails and Yoda ears.

I'm feeling slightly depressed. I'm off to comfort myself with Ben and Jerry's

3 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Nederlass said…

    Ooooh, which flavor? :)
    I like Half Baked myself.

    Like your hat! I also LOVE the Halloween one, with the kitties.
    The flowery one's a little froufrou. ;)

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    Right now Dublin Mudslide is my B&J of choice. I like Chunky Monkey and Chocolate Fudge Brownie as well. And their vanilla is to die for.

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    i'm with erin: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    and yoda says "sorry, we are, to have disrupted your knitting."

    it was so pretty too! alas and alack! hope the next rendition goes better.

    i haven't gotten back to my flower basket shawl, as i haven't checked out the website for errata. so i'm frogging the baby blanket i started, and am trying a different tack.

    persevere, darling, it will get better! (and yes, i'm going to lifeline my shawl as well, lol)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home