Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, July 31, 2006

Hippy Crunchy...one sock down!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's the first sock of my July STR sock club yarn and pattern. The pattern was called Hippy Crunchy and the yarn was Peaseblossum. It's an interesting, fairly quick pattern. Rather than using different stitch counts for different sizes, you're supposed to just change needle size to either make the small/medium (2.0 mm) or medium/large (2.5 mm). I didn't have either one of those sizes. All of my size ones are 2.25 mm which turns out to be the perfect size for my foot.

Any one doing this pattern, I highly highly recommend getting yourself some super sharp dpns. I thought about using my bamboo dpns, but then I saw there were a whole bunch of k3tog's and sssk's in the mesh lace pattern.

But one is done and I'm going to cast on the second one before I go to bed this morning. After these are done, I need to get going on my Christmas knitting.

On the garage cleaning front, I emptied out about 4 rubbermaid totes and 6 paper boxes. I've still got 3 totes left with stuff I'm going to keep, but it's just been too darn hot to spend much time out there sorting through stuff and I don't want to bring the boxes inside, just in case any little creepy crawlies decided to make themselves at home in with all my stuff. But there is a significant improvement.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    cool socks! did you see jen's sock stash! unga chucka!

    maybe you could put a box on your back deck/patio (does it face south?)and work on it there? i'm in need of a good party for stress relief!

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger puck said…

    they are lovely socks. G*d you knit fast! i really didn't like the colorway in the skein but it is very nice now that it is in sock form, maybe i'll actually knit something with mine

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    I had three days off over the weekend with nothing to do but knit, watch movies and unpack boxes. Since my other option was a lace shawl, these socks won out...that and they're only ankle socks so I didn't have to knit forever on a leg before I did the foot.

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    you can knit me socks for christmas, you know what sockyarns you've brought in that i drooled over.

    and i'm assuming that was what you were having trouble with tonight at SoP, was the mate to this one?

    and erin is thinking about having a shower for me at SoP! woot! a yarn party!

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger puck said…

    mom is coming into town on thurs, but we will stop by SOP since i want her to meet everyone
    see ya then!
    stupid commenting thing on blogger won't let me change to my new url.
    also word verification is liwqwou, pretty, huh?

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Merry said…

    Just looking at blogs and found your socks. Love the color and pattern. Where can I get a pattern for those? I love short socks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home