Keeping Me in Stitches

Saturday, December 02, 2006

It's cookie time! Yeah...it's cookie time!

And when cookie time comes can cookies be far away!

Mom and I are working on Christmas cookies today. We've got kringla and spritz so far. Peanut blossums are being stirred up as we speak. The house smells like what you might expect Mrs. Claus' kitchen to smell like.

The bad of it is that we've already burned a couple pans of spritz, I've still got at least two more pans of kringla to roll out, and there's at least two more kinds of cookies we're planning to make tonight that we haven't even started mixing up yet. Plus my hands are all dried out from the flour and washing, and doing dishes.

But now we're taking a break before we start the last kind. We're going to sit down, drink a pop, watch a movie, and maybe knit.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You bake all the cookies I remember my friends' parents baking- you see, while I lived in Southern MN (Fairmont, to be exact), my parents weren't from around those parts. I had no Scandanavian or German background to speak of, and it seemed all the best cookies came from people of Scandanavian descent. Enjoy them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home