Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, November 30, 2006

*shiver*

So I was sitting in my living room about 10 minutes ago thinking 'Dang!! It's getting cold in here!!' Now I realize that it's way below freezing outside, but when my thermostat is set at 72, I shouldn't have to be under a blanket as I sit in my living room, trying to knit but being unable to feel the needles because my fingers have gone numb.

Check the thermostat. Sure enough, it's set for 72, but currently reading 61 in the house. Check the furnace. Not running. GRRR!!! What is up with me and large appliances?!? First the drama with the air conditioner at my townhome, then the furnace there went out as well. Now this one!!!

Got down on my hands and knees to check the little flashy light thing that tells you what's wrong. Burner(s) failed to ignite. So now here it is at 12:45 AM and I'm trying to find the instruction manual for the furnace so I don't freeze. Thank goodness my fireplace still works. I've got that running now.

I'm currently draining air out of the gas line according to the instructions, so keep your fingers crossed that this works and I don't have to pay someone to come out and fix this and/or that I don't make the house go boom when the furnace (hopefully) ignites.

ETA: IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!! Who needs a man to figure something like this out? Not me!!! Gosh that was empowering....after the moment of panic when I was thinking "What if the house blows up?"

Crisis averted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home