Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I know this is a little early, but I'm leaving in the morning to go to my parents' for the next three days. I'll be back Thursday night and then I've got to work the weekend.

Christmas knitting continues. I had a major breakthrough this afternoon about how to make the retina-searing orange sweater easier/quicker. Yay!!! Then it'll just be the little dog's sweater and Sarah's present (forgot that she reads this blog and almost said what it was I was making her....whoops). I might actually finish everything in time.

And Mom had me order myself a Woolee Winder for my spinning wheel for Christmas!!! Yay!!!

In other news....my neighbor cop that I had kind of given up on since I hadn't talked to him in about a month and a half emailed me today!!! Twice!!! And he told me that he still wants to take me out to lunch or dinner sometime. *does a happy dance*

Sock knitting....not so much in the happy dance category. I tried to start the Snakes on a Sock pattern from Lime and Violet, but I just wasn't feeling it. So I ripped back the inch and a half that I'd gotten done last night. I'm going to start on some RPM socks in Scottish Highlands for a friend from Scotland. I hope that she likes them!

Guess I'd better finish getting ready for work and try to start packing a little. Hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and gets to have one of those lovely tryptophan-induced naps.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    what nap? i'll be cooking & cleaning. i hate thanksgiving

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Blogger Nederlass said…

    Oooh, a cop? I used to work for the Dutch police, and MAN the eye candy! Especially the biker ones. ;) Good luck!

    Happy belated Thanksgiving, glad to see you're doing well. Loved the Leia outfit, wow. And you got your Jaywalkers to fit, huh? Hm, in that case I might have to try that again sometime.
    Happy knittin' girl!

    MJ

     
  • At 3:31 AM, Blogger deawn said…

    You should ask the cop dude to give you a shout out on the police radio when he's on duty. Let me know if you need the URL for the scanner stream.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home