Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, December 07, 2006

What a wimp....

That would be me that's over in the corner complaining about how cold it is. What's happened to me? Two years living 200 miles further south than where I lived my whole life and suddenly I'm a wimp with the cold.

Ended up with 4 kinds of cookies: spritz, peanut blossums, kringla, and orange juice frosted buttermilk creams. Yum! I'll be bringing them to share at Touche tonight. So people better be there darnit!

Christmas knitting. The retina-searing orange dog sweater is complete. I tried to take a picture of it on Phoebe because it actually fits her (just a little long in the body). But once I got it on her, she wanted to do nothing but chew on the collar. I figured that an intact present was better than a picture. I'll be sure to get a pic on my dad's dog at Christmas.

That leaves only one present left to do.....the thing for Sarah. I'm thinking it might get delayed until her birthday simply because I have turned back to the siren call of socks. And I found a couple of things that I've been looking for that will be perfect for her.

So the last few days have been filled with trying to figure out the pattern for the latest Rockin' Sock Club socks, Marble Arches. The way the pattern was written wasn't very clear and it took my mom and I about 20 minutes of sitting at Applebee's to figure it out. But it's progressing and it looks lovely.

I can't say the same for the Scottish Highlands socks for Diane. I'm still waiting to hear back from her on whether the shoe size she told me was US or UK. Makes a difference of about an inch in the foot.

And I got the sock pattern from Miss Lime today that she wants me to test knit. It looks interesting and should be challenging. I just need to dig though the sock yarn stash to figure out what to use. I'm going to have to dig out my cable needle too. Should be interesting since I haven't seen these socks or pics of them, so I'm just going to be knitting blind.

Speaking of knitting blind.....I signed up to share about knitting at next week's little church get-together that they're holding this year instead of Advent services. I've got to try and figure out how much of the yarn stash I can take to show without scaring people. Hmmm.....much sorting will need to be done. I'll have to dig though the closet and find all of my stuff I've knitted and actually kept. Not to mention that I'll have to make sure all of my knitted socks are clean. Good thing I'm off this weekend and then only work Monday so I'll be able to get it organized.

Back to socks and The Da Vinci Code. See everyone at Touche.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    lol, i got the da vinci code tuesday, and steph ran off with it last night!

    and i'll definitely be there, i'm in a cookie deficit

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    did you see miss vi's yarn on the blog? i ordered a skein last night

     

Post a Comment

<< Home