Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Des Moines yarn crawl...a review

Saturday morning....

Knitted Together
Nice store. Good basic yarn selections. Dale, Dream in Color, a wall of Cascade 220, plenty of sock yarn. The lady working there was really nice, even when the internet (and therefore her credit/debit card scanning ability) went down just as we were checking out. I got some Dream in Color Smooshy sock yarn in Dusky Aurora, some Dale Svale and Stork for a co-worker with wool allergies, Opal Rainforest in Peacock, and a Lexie Barnes bag in Baja.

Purls, the Yarn Studio (no link)
Smaller store. Very nice help. Selection of Blue Sky Alpaca yarns (including the cotton), Yarn Love sock yarns, some handspun stuff and I know there was more, but I can't think of it right now. I came away with enough Blue Sky organic cotton in Shrimp to make a hooded pullover sweater (got the pattern too), and a skein of Yarn Love's Joan of Arc (merino/tencel sock yarn) in Bliss. Then I got into a little tug-of-war with Cheryl over a Jordana Paige bag. She conceded and I walked away with it.

Creative Corner
AKA the big pink house. In Valley Junction. A smaller knitting selection, but they also carry needlepoint, embroidery, and cross-stitching stuff. I ended up with Louet Gems (both sport and fingering). The sport is a deep burgundy and the fingering is a lavender-grey.

And that's the end of the damage! If you want to hear more of it, check the Lime & Violet blog in the next couple of days. I just helped record a new podcast tonight, so it should be live in the next day or so.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Snarled Yarns said…

    Hey! I've been to the one yarnstore- knit together? The lady is cool and she used to be the editor for some big knitting magazine.(it was a year ago)I met some of the ladies from Creative corner at the borders in town(they were having a knit meeting) and they didn't like me very much.
    Any way worth a trip back.

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Judith said…

    Thanks for writing this. I'm looking forward to a road trip now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home