Keeping Me in Stitches

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

letterboxing

So Eliza has sucked me into a new hobby called letterboxing. Basically, using a list of clues you find boxes people have hidden that contain stamps. You stamp your own journal using the stamp in the box, then stamp the logbook in the box with your own personal stamp. It usually involves a hike and some thinking to solve the clues. Well, we found one by my house, but messed up reading the rest of the clue and missed the second one. Tried another area where there are 4 planted, but the whole park is closed until next June. Tried to hit one more spot and the box was missing. So kind of a dud of a day, but tomorrow promises to be better.

Before I sleep tomorrow, I'm going to run back to the one we missed and try to find it. I know where we went wrong now. Gah!! I need another obsessive hobby like I need a hole in my head.

Back to knitting and spinning for the night.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Nederlass said…

    Ooh! Treasure hunting!
    So how did you know there's something hidden in your neighborhood? You just stumbled upon it?

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    Nope, there's websites where people can post clues and you can search to find boxes in your area or an area you're traveling in. It's www.atlasquest.com. I'm completely sucked in!

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger LoriAngela said…

    Is this like geocaching? My son and my sister are both into this kind of orienteering. There's a box at the Blue Heron Reserve if you're ever in my neighbourhood.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger rohanknitter said…

    Letterboxing!! so fun....we like to go geocaching, which is just a higher-tech version of letterboxing.
    (couldn't get my guys interested in letterboxing, but once a bit of technology was involved -gps-they were all for it)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home