Keeping Me in Stitches

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Soup recipe

Here the recipe I used to make the soup I talked about yesterday. It's so yummy for these chilly days!

Cheesy Potato Soup

2 1/2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 c. cooked ham, cubed
3-4 green onions, sliced (I used 8, but I like onion and that's how they came at the store)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. container sour cream with chives
8 oz. container plain sour cream
3 c. finely shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste (I didn't salt or pepper mine and it was wonderful, but to each his own!)

Cover potatoes with water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until tender. Place potatoes and cooking water in a slow cooker (mine's a smaller Rival brand....2.5 quart I think.....and that was too small for this recipe....use your big slow cooker). Combine other ingredients in another bowel and mix well. Add to potatoes in slow cooker and stir well. Cover and cook on high setting for 2-3 hours, or on low setting for 4-6 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste. Makes 6-8 servings.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmm, I love creamy soups in the winter. I'll have to give yours a try. Once our pot of clam chowder and the inevitable turkey soup is gone ;)

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger BalletMommy said…

    Oh my gawd woman! How many calories in all that??? (Can I use the light sour cream?) It sounds scrumptious!

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    love the recipe, however, i think i would be mixing it in another BOWL, not another BOWEL. ummm, work carrying over?

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    MMMMMMM....this sounds yummy! I might have to make it sometime when I am in charge of dinner. It was so nice to see you last weekend. Hope that you are safe and sound as this big storm rolls through! I am researching wheels now...thanks a lot!!! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home