Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, December 10, 2007

thanks

Thanks for the support everyone! I will be going to my parents' for Christmas and calling in that day. Then I can stay home for 7 days. I should have written it "the plague." Because when we call in, they cannot legally ask us why we won't be in. If we volunteer the information, that's up to us. But my boss doesn't accept weather-related call-ins, so if I get snowed in and say so, then I can't claim PTO hours for that time.

And to add another bit of irony into the mix. This scheduler nurse has given herself from December 21 through January 2 off. Hmmmm.....not caring too much about anyone but herself. Never mind screwing over anyone else.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    speaking as someone who has worked a lot of christmases, that is dirty dealing. really crappy. you don't normally work at 3! cripes. you should point out her schedule to her supervisor. might get some answers, then.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    It sounds like some one might be looking for a new job. Since she could take off but no one else can sounds fishy to me.

    And good for you!!!!

     
  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger LoriAngela said…

    I'm just heading back to nursing. I remember my last Christmas and New Years I worked- but- double time and half started Christmas morning and New Years morning. Still I made points with the nurses. Haven't you got a kick ass union like ours in Canada?

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    Nope, no union here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home