Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, January 12, 2009

goal-setting

I really don't like to make resolutions. I never seem to keep them, so why bother making them? Kind of the same thing during Lent. Some years, rather than giving up something I'll make a commitment to *do* something instead. I've had a couple of weeks now to mull over what kind of goals I'm setting for myself for the new year and I need to post them so I'm accountable.

- Knit the Peacock Feathers shawl. I've had the pattern and yarn for at least 3 years now....it's time to do something about it.

- Rip out my aran sweater. Seven years after starting it is just too long of a gap.

- Whittle down the stash. This doesn't mean that I won't buy yarn! But I'm going to do my best to work from what I've got and even send out RAoKs to people this year.

- Write letters to friends. A good friend from high school keeps writing to me and I have yet to return a letter.

- Reorganize my craft room. Paint, shelving, the works.

- Rent a dumpster, clean out the basement, give away clothes I don't wear anymore, just a general cleaning.

- Organize the garage.

I guess that's enough to be getting on with for now.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger Manda said…

    I'm with you on the Peacock Feathers Shawl. I really need to knit that thing!

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    What's an RAoK? It seems like I should know, but I just can't put my finger on it.

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    RAoK = Random Act of Kindness

    Just pick something that someone's wishing for and send them a random package in the mail. No strings attached, nothing expected in return.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home