Keeping Me in Stitches

Friday, June 10, 2005

very very bored

Have I mentioned that I'm bored? I know that I complain about work, but when I've got 4 days off in a row, I just don't know what to do with myself. I was bored enough this morning to cast on for my ribbon x-back tank. I got maybe 3 inches in watching Prisoner of Azkaban. Now I just don't want to knit anymore (at the moment). I'm bored of my socks, the stockinette of the Kyoto sleeves is driving me slowly insane, I can't knit more than 6 rows on my afghan without wanting to chuck it out the window, and I've just had enough of the ribbon x-back at the moment. I'd love to start something else, but I know if I do, I'll just get sick of that in about 10 minutes.

I'm even bored of reading right now. I've got three new books sitting and staring at me and I have no desire to read them.

And my dog is being incredibly bratty for some unknown reason. I just might have to go grocery shopping to break this little slump I'm in, but I don't really need anything besides milk and maybe a pint of Ben and Jerry's Dublin Mudslide. Ok...maybe I'm just hoping the ice cream will break me out of my slump.

Part of this all might be that I am really scared about singing in church on Sunday. I've sung in choir here, but this will be my first time singing a solo at my new church. I had decided to do a solo in June because I thought that the guy I'm interested in (who happens to be a music teacher) was going to be out of the state for the whole month of June...at least that's what he told me. Then last Sunday when my parents were here, there he was doing the readings at church and I was hit by a wave of panic. On top of the music teacher thing, he's got a wonderful voice, but no pressure. Gah!!! Why is life so complicated sometimes!!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    Thank you, my wonderful SP!! The angst of life and knitting monotony is over for the moment. Was able to get outside in the sunshine today with the pup (who's still being a brat). I have just decided to heck with it and I'm going to sing and not worry about what he'll think.

    I'll have to take pictures of my timeturner and various other stuff for you. I've got the majority of the stuff for my Gryffindor uniform and just have to make the skirt and the robe.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    Singing went great, the guy was nowhere to be seen and I actually got quite a ways on my ribbon x-back over the weekend! Thanks for worrying for me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home