Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, April 25, 2005

sewing accomplishment and another purchase

Since I pooped my poor puppy out by taking her on a long walk tonight, I was actually able to unearth my sewing machine! While Phoebe was napping downstairs, I've been busy working on my Civil War dress. I got the cuffs sewn on the sleeves and the sleeves sewn to the bodice. I've still got to press the cuffs back and handsew them down on the inside, but the bodice is nearly done. It's now happily residing on my dressform instead of being buried in the pile on my sewing desk. Pictures will follow soon.

My other purchase of the weekend (besides stuff for my secret pal) has been a ball winder from joann.com. I couldn't resist! They had a 50% off coupon! And if I don't end up using it, I can always trade it away on the knitty boards.

Off to watch either Singin' in the Rain, Apollo 13, or Star Wars Ep.1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home