Keeping Me in Stitches

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

We're back in business...sort of

I couldn't stand not sewing tonight, so I went to Walmart and bought another copy of each of the patterns. Came home, cut out the skirt, got the pleats pressed into the front, and then discovered that I need fusible interfacing for the yoke of the skirt. Gah! So I could have finished the skirt tonight, but I refuse to make another Walmart run and besides, no one's in the fabric department there to help me. So I guess it's back to knitting for the night. See if I can get another couple of inches done on the Kyoto sleeves.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger SP 4 Alcariel said…

    If you were me, you'd have bought the new patterns, settled in with all your sewing gear, opened a drawer for that one pair of scissors and voila: there are the original patterns staring back at you! ;)

    So you've never tried the top down method for sock knitting? Wow. I've yet to try the other way round. I'm going to copy that pattern for you today, not by sending you the hard copy, but by typing it out. Shouldn't be too bad. You'll have it tonight!

    Love,
    Your SP

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    I thought that's what would happen with the patterns too, but 24-hours later, they are still MIA. Oh well. Had to run to Walmart again because I had no interfacing in the house. Might get the skirt done tonight. If I do, I'll take pictures.

    Thanks for the pattern! That's going to be my next pair of socks now. Then I need to find something in my Knitting on the Road book to do with the Koigu KPPPM that's been sitting in a drawer since March.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home