Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Who rocks at putting in zippers?

That would be me! And not just an zipper....an invisible zipper. In the 2 years that I've sewn, I've never sewn in a zipper. My mom's always done it for me. But I did my first one last night all on my own with two different sets of instructions sort of cobbled together. And it works! So that means my Hogwarts student uniform is one step closer to being done. Just need to sew down the yoke facing and hem it. Then I'll have something to wear to the book release in two weeks. I don't think I'm going to bother with the robe before Halloween. It's just going to be too darn hot and the people at the bookstore better appreciate that I'll be wearing a wool sweater.

On another good note, I measured the sleeves of Kyoto (again), and they're at 17 inches. Very good. Only three more inches to go and I might be able to bang those out at the sit and knit tonight. Speaking of that, I'd better go and get some sleep.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    That's just what the shop that puts it on happens to call our get-together. It was already established when I moved here, so I didn't have much say in naming it.

    Not a monogrammed HP sweater, but one of the student uniform sweaters. It's a dark charcoal grey (almost black) with the accent stripes for the house colors at the wrists and waist. I may do a Weasley sweater (one of the monogrammed ones) in the future, but I'm not sure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home