Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Well, that's three hours of my life I'll never get back...

I just spent the last three hours putting together my new entertainment center. Remind me next time to purchase something fully assembled and have it delivered. The guys at the Mart's loading dock didn't believe me that three boxes would fit into my car. They did and I had a heck of a time getting them out. Probably didn't help that the first one weighed as much as I do (no lie, it was printed on the box) and the other two each weighed half that.

So the center section is assembled and ready to receive my tv, vcr and dvd player. But I've still got the flanking bookshelves to put together. My wrists can't take anymore tonight. I'm debating buying a cordless screwdriver tomorrow just to save my wrists for knitting. But it's so much prettier than the old tv/fridge stand/tape holder than my dad built for me for college. It's been through about six different incarnations and it's time to bid that beast farewell.

So my dad loved his new puppy. He named her Cozi, which is short for Cazadora, which means Huntress in Spanish. I'll have pictures of the Dad with the little bundle of joy tomorrow. I'm too lazy to walk downstairs and get the camera.

I'll have knitting pictures tomorrow to. I forgot how much stuff I hadn't posted about. I'll even put my parents' presents up here since they promised not to look on here between now and Christmas.

Now to decide what to take to SoP tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    how's the hat going? did y'all go to cold stone after i left? i need to get that man moved in here, so i can stay later!

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    The hat was abandoned in favor of putting more of the entertainment center together. Only one more shelf left!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home