Keeping Me in Stitches

Sunday, January 08, 2006

slogging away

Not much done in the way of knitting lately. Here's the rundown.

Conwy socks
I'm maybe an inch past the heel gusset of sock 1. It's going faster now that I've finally memorized the pattern.

Dad's hat
Making a stocking hat to match his scarf I made him for Christmas. Maybe have 6 inches done.

Leaf Lace Shawl in Tidepool
Just started and I'm loving the color, but dang! I hope I don't go insane from knitting with laceweight yarn.

Peacock Feathers Shawl
Not even started yet. I'm kind of scared of this one now that I've seen the pattern. There's 9 charts. Nine charts!! I knew I was going to have to get over my fear of charts sooner or later, but right now I'd rather it was later. Just need to bite the bullet and get it over with.

Brienna's baby blanket
Bought yarn for this on Friday. And I think I managed to talk her out of the boring dishcloth baby blanket. I'm going to do it in a basketweave pattern instead or I'll go completely insane.

Besides the baby blanket yarn, I also bought 4 1-pound cones of Sugar and Cream cotton yarn. I love having this on hand for making dishclothes and they were such pretty colors...I couldn't resist.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    i know 2 people who have knit this. if you want, i will dig up the specific posts, and you can see the gorgeousness that is the peacock shawl. it's worth it. if i can sit & knit the flower basket shawl, you can do 9 charts. you go girl! (goodness, i feel like a cheerleader tonight!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home