Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, December 15, 2005

out of the loop

Sorry that I've been incommunicado for so long. Life's been pretty boring. Here's what's been going on.

- Finished putting together the entertainment center and moved all of my stuff from the old one and a bookshelf to the new. Hours of boredom.
- Work (self-explanatory)
- General housekeeping. My parents are coming for Christmas weekend and since I despise cleaning, I've been doing it in small doses. Only one problem....they're such small spurts of cleaning that by the time I get done with one thing, something else is an even bigger mess. So I haven't actually made much headway.
- Felted the FMB that I finished ages ago for mom. Turned out very cool. Pics will be up after Christmas.
- Slowly plugging away on the soul-sucking shawl. I thought I would be able to finish it tonight, but I'd made a mistake on the last pattern repeat and had to rip back. ETA: this weekend. I've got 13 more rows before I can do the edging. Then I'll block it and have someone take pictures next week at SoP.
- Went to the get-together for my mom's side of the family. Much smaller this year than normal.
- And the big one! I've started thinking of buying/building a house of my own here. I'm sick of paying $800/month in rent for a place that's not even "mine". I can have mortgage payments lower than that. I'm hoping to be out of my townhome by the time my lease is up in May.

So that's been my boring life! Suppose I'd better head back downstairs and get a few more rows done on the shawl before bed.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    you HAVE to come to SoP next thursday! we're having a christmas party, and we're all supposed to bring goodies! i'm bringing brownies with jack-soaked pecans, and erin is bringing home-made deer sausage, and lorna is bringing home-made truffles (drool). you gotta come! and bring any christmas music you like!

    and yes, the soul-sucking shawl is giving me fits, too, lol. if you wanna see it, it's posted on www.whowouldntloveahandknittedgift.blogspot.com on last sunday's post

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    I'll be at SoP next week, and I'm bringing kringla and maybe lefse too. After our discussion of Norwegian food, I have to!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    mmmmmmmmmm, i'll make sure i starve myself at lunch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home