Keeping Me in Stitches

Friday, February 03, 2006

twisted swing dancing socks!

The twisted rib swing dancing socks are done!!!!! Yay! They're done with about a ball and a half of Knitpicks Dancing sock yarn in Swing using the free twisted rib sock pattern off their site. I love this pattern! So easy to memorize and so quick to knit on size 3s.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Decided to take a picture of my sock yarn stash to prove to the world (and my SP) that despite all my talking about getting more sock yarn and wanting more sock yarn, that I really don't need anymore sock yarn. That's enough for me to knit 18 pairs of socks, if I've counted right. And yes....I've added more to the stash since this picture was taken Thursday afternoon. I bought a skein of CTH Silver Streak when I went to SoP tonight. But in my defense, it was my birthday present to myself along with some merino laceweight in a dark grey that's going to be made into some sort of fabulous shawl eventually. And that's Phoebe trying to horn in on the action.
Image hosting by Photobucket

And now a couple of close-ups for the CTH Peacock and Northern Lights. They were such divas that they demanded private photoshoots and these were their best shots. (Anyone get the reference to one of my guilty pleasure tv shows?)
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

6 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Nederlass said…

    Ok, one day too late, even in your time zone, but I still want to wish you an awesome birthday!

    So, what was the loot?! ;)

    Hugz from your ex-SP from across the pond

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    Thanks sweetie!

    Not much loot yet. I had to work so my parents are coming next weekend, but they sent my half a dozen roses. A coworker bought me a cake for at work last night. A college roommate got me There and Back Again: An Actor's Tale by Sean Astin. And that's been it so far.

    Oh! And I got myself some CTH sock yarn in Silver Streak and some merino laceweight in a dark grey, but that's it. Pretty sad.

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    very very nice on your socks. i'm definitely oging to be there on the 16th, at htis pace, i may actually have hte jaywalkers done (if i am a dumbass and knit on them during hte olympics instead of my project!) did you get the same kind of laceweight that i got (the skacel?) i plan on being there thursday as well, although i'm about shot for the week, and it's only monday, sigh.

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    Yep, same stuff, only I got kind of a medium grey. I couldn't resist. Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I'm sure I can find something.

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger Nederlass said…

    Roses from your parents, that is so sweet!
    Loot-wise, it helps to throw a pig party. :)

    Btw, I thought you didn't need any more sock yarn?!

    Giggles from MJ

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    i was unable to come tonight, sorry, i was sick. i've got some strange crap that just wears me out so badly that i can't think by the end of the day, and i've had a migraine (as you saw) and today endless heartburn. and burping just made it worse, sigh. i promise i'll be there next week (can't miss the swap!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home