Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, January 09, 2006

*sob*

Decided to try on my Conwy sock just to see how much farther I had to go for the foot. The stupid thing wouldn't fit over my instep!!! So it had to be ripped out completely. No salvaging was possible. So the Bittersweet shepard sock has gone back in the drawer and is now serving a timeout.

I'm going to take my Swing Dancing sock yarn to work tonight and start some twisted socks like the ones my mom knit me for Christmas. It's a free pattern at knitpicks and since I already own a pair, I know that it'll fit me.

Now excuse me while I go drown my sorrows in a cup of tea and the end of Apollo 13.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    oh, the horror! i'm sorry! just keep knitting. thanks for keeping me in your thoughts last thursday, but i never made it to SoP. sean problems, again. so, i've told my SIL i will mail her gift this weekend, and i'll try to make it down there this week. the flower basket did turn out well, especially since this is my first lace project. you'll have to tell me what you think.

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    i'm taking back my sympathy, after that crack on my blog (kidding, lol). 25 indeed!

     
  • At 2:32 AM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    It wasn't a crack! My mom's been teasing me about it since last year! Except she keeps calling it "a quarter of a century" which just makes it sound old to me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home