Keeping Me in Stitches

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

progress at work

Monday night at work, I got to sit in a 1:1 for the last 8 hours of the shift. I managed to completely finish my dad's hat (the Yarn Harlot's hat that she posted just before Christmas) and start on the twisted rib socks out of my Dancing yarn. This pattern is so easy that I can't believe I didn't try it sooner. I'm already about 3 1/2" down the leg and I might get the heel turned tonight if I pop the second half of Fellowship into the dvd player.

Other stuff done....finally got the Chistmas tree down and packed away in it's box. Put all my clean clothes away. Cleaned out the clothes in my closet that either a) no longer fit or b) that I haven't worn since I moved here 18 months ago. There was quite a pile and I'm going to drive it to the hospital in the morning. One of the day shift nurses is going to take any clothes people want to donate along with the Christmas present to our bosses (any money we contributed) to a local women's shelter. We do the donation thing in our bosses' names every year rather than 40 plus people giving them a bunch of knick-knacky stuff.

All in all, it's been a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home