Keeping Me in Stitches

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

getting settled

This past Saturday was a whirlwind. With the help of about 6 people from church, the majority of my stuff made its way from the townhome to my new house. This included quite the adventure involving the boxspring to my bed, a roll of Saran wrap and a Toyota Vibe.

Wrapping in progress
Image hosting by Photobucket

Getting in the now wrapped shut car....Dukes of Hazard style.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Also got the living room furniture delivered from the Mart. And after it was delivered I made the discovery that not all of it would fit into my living room. So the loveseat made its way to the basement. I have said goodbye forever to the orange/rust flowered confection that was my old loveseat, to the two old endtables that belonged to my parents but had a huge amount of storage under them and to the awful lamps that I got at a garage sale for $20.

My bedroom went from looking like this.
Image hosting by Photobucket

To looking like this.
Image hosting by Photobucket

To the final finished product with all the furniture in place.
Image hosting by Photobucket

I've done almost no knitting. Just a few rounds on my second Jaywalker sock, a pattern repeat on the baby blanket for a coworker, and a single repeat on Branching Out. Although I did make sure that my stash was the first thing to be moved to the new house.

Now I'm really feeling the urge to get myself a spinning wheel. There's just so much room at the house I feel like I need to fill it up. I'm leaning towards an Ashford. Either the Traveller or the Joy. All of you spinners out there, help me decide!!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger puck said…

    congrats on finishing the move! the bedroom walls look great. i have moving, i have so much crap, but at least it is a good time to purge and (ha ha) organize.
    i'm bringing the lendrum tonight, see ya there!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger puck said…

    that would be i HATE moving, not i have moving, which just makes no sense

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    lol, jen is forever having typoese.

    i ADORE the wall treatment in your bedroom! i may have to steal that for what is looking to be my new bedroom. mark is just too big to fit in my present room (it's 10 x 10, for goodness sake!), so we're thinking about moving us (he's moving in here when we get married) down to steph's old room int he basement, and liam into my old room (either that, or turning it into a "playroom" so we can get a larger majority of the crap out of the boys' room). and i have to agree with jen, if i had it to do over again, i would be hard-pressed to pass up the lendrum. however, i'm going to have to wait a bit, as i got my tax bill (as i'm sure you'll read on my blog, sigh)

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger puck said…

    wheelie fun

    i am working this thursday so won't be at knitting (ugh), but the assembly is fairly straightforward, except the brake band since there were no instructions...it goes around the bobbin and the rubber band part goes through the hole in the bottom of the flyer and hooks underneath...you'll see...also you will need to tighten the read maiden (the part of the flyer that holds the boobin end furthest from you) with a screwdriver, otherwise the bobbin will work it self out and fall while you are spinning (learned the hard way)

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger puck said…

    that would be REAR MAIDEN. stupid fat fingers that can't find the right keys.
    typoese, ha ha :>

     

Post a Comment

<< Home