Keeping Me in Stitches

Friday, March 31, 2006

Flash Your Stash 2006

Everyone saw what my stash looked like one year ago, right? If you didn't, then scroll down to see yesterday's post. It's the first picture....picture.....as in singular. This year there's such a mish-mash of stuff and none of it's really organized (that will change when I move it to the house). So I'm not going to try to identify any of it. If anyone wants to know what something is, please feel free to leave a comment and ask and/or make me an offer for something. I'll tell you if it's something I don't want to part with.

We'll begin the tour this year in my knitting/craft/computer room. Here's my old chest of drawers that holds what I thought was most of my knitting stuff.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Drawer #1 (the unopened one) holds mainly old bags from my LYS when I get around to unloading them.

Drawer #2
Image hosting by Photobucket

Drawer #3
Image hosting by Photobucket

Drawer #4 (#5 below this one holds my oldest WIP that will probably never be finished in my lifetime.)
Image hosting by Photobucket

And now for the closet stash. I was really amazed at how much I had piled in there. I remembered it all, but I didn't remember it being this much. Of course if you only buy one or two balls of yarn at a time, it tends to build up.
Image hosting by Photobucket

And now for the closer looks.
Image hosting by Photobucket

...and again.....
Image hosting by Photobucket

...and again.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Moving downstairs to the living room. This is my old nightstand. The top drawer holds most of my needles that aren't in use and the bottom drawer is my beading/stitchmarker supplies/random tools.
Image hosting by Photobucket

But the middle drawer is the catch-all for the scraps of yarn as I finish stuff if I think there's enough left to merit saving.
Image hosting by Photobucket

And finally, my winding/knitting station. Kindly ignore the dead houseplants, but see the few balls of yarn and my kitchen scale to weigh the sock yarn into two balls.
Image hosting by Photobucket

And I think that's everything! Any questions....comments....concerns...

18 Comments:

  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Sssarahevt said…

    IN LOVE with that blue/purple sparkly looking cherry tree hill yarn in your closet...(off to find it...)
    And certainly feel proud of last years stash...that's what mine looks like now!!

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Sssarahevt said…

    okay I'm back and I give up...what is it???

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    The Cherry Tree Hill mondo skein (1440 yards) is their Oceania line in the Dusk colorway.

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Oh my look at how the stash has grown in one year!! Good job! :)

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said…

    I'll take Drawer #1, and Drawer # 2, and...Wow.

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You have great stash girl and some bloody lovely yarns too. Pretty organized and ready to go!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said…

    Your yarn looks so cozy nestled in the drawers like that! And I LOVE that you have a winding station!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Rebecca Haden said…

    I'm dazzled.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Emano said…

    What a difference a year makes! I agree with rebecca... dazzling.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said…

    Nice stash! And a whole chest of drawers for it. Just what I need. You have some serious knitting ahead of you.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Ginger said…

    Very nice. Nice stash enhancement in the last year.

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger thomasina said…

    Wow, that is an impressive rate of accumulation. Love the sparkly cherry tree hill bundle.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Whoa!

    Visit my flash.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Wendy DG said…

    Your plants look like mine! Nice stash.

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Chelle said…

    Impressive accumulation in one year! You have some lovely yarn in your stash!

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger snowdrop said…

    Lovely yarn! The colours are gorgeous!

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Yum! That is impressive for one year. I can't wait to see it next year!! :)

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have such fancy yarns! I'm so jealous. I agree that Cherry Tree Hill yarn is temptingly dazzling :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home