Keeping Me in Stitches

Friday, March 31, 2006

the stash in retrospect

A year ago, I was fairly new to the knitty boards. I heard about flash-your-stash day and did it on a whim. Remember this?
Image hosting by Photobucket

And that was the whole of my stash. Pretty pathetic. You'll see the current stash tomorrow (or possibly shortly after midnight). And it's going to be pic-intensive. Bring a beverage.

Here we have the completed simple stripes socks in Storm. These were originally going to be for my secret pal, but when she requested something else (a sock yarn that I happened to have in my stash) these socks became the property of my church's DCE who originally ridiculed my knitted socks (why spend a month of time and $20 on something that you can buy in a 10-pack at walmart for $2.50?), but started to lust after this pair. She got them last Sunday.
Image hosting by Photobucket

And now for the puppy pictures! Here is the little poodle, Toffee, ready for her close-up.
Image hosting by Photobucket

And she's just as adorable when she's asleep!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Now for two happy announcements. First, my second box from my SP came today....or I should say that it came on the 23rd and the mailman forgot to put a reminder in my mailbox that it was at the office to pick up. So I got it today when I went in to give my 30-day notice.

A great bag for my sock projects....I adore bags. I think have about 1500 of them and only use them for specific things.
Image hosting by Photobucket

And inside was all this. There's two kinds of coffee (hazelnut and italian roast), a huge square of dark chocolate (yum!), a set of size 2 dpns, 2 different sock yarns (love love love the sockatta), and a cute little case full of what I'm assuming are handmade stitchmarkers (3 different kinds).
Image hosting by Photobucket

Here's a close-up of the stitchmarkers. The ones in the upper left all have different words on them, like live, laugh, create, imagine, etc. On the right are 3 little flip-flops, and the bottom left are four gorgeous glass beaded ones. Simply lovely. One can never have too many stitch markers.
Image hosting by Photobucket

And the other happy thing is that I finally closed on my house at 3 PM. Amen, hallelujiah and praise be! Here's my key on top of my current Jaywalker.
Image hosting by Photobucket

5 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger puck said…

    congrats on the closing!!!!! it is so nice to have a new key (or an old key, new to you) i'll stsy tuned for the flash tomorrow, i wanted to participate, but my camera is in canada.
    toffee is really cute, great pics

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    woot! and wow, what a stash! i'm in awe/shock! (i'm not flashing my stash, i 'd have to take a picture in every room in my house except the boys' room & the bathroom (um, wait a minute. . .))

    and i may have a key to show off as well, lol.

    and toffee is DAHLING!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Miss Scarlett said…

    Awwww
    Toffe is too cute
    and really looks a lot like my baby
    The name is perfect!

    Oohh and your stash is to die for!
    I love that hank from Cherry Tree Hill. I am going to be dreaming of that.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Leisel said…

    Hmmmmm... I got a box just like that with stitch markers in it from an exchange. :)

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Wonderful stash. Cute little dog. Thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home