Keeping Me in Stitches

Monday, April 17, 2006

It's neverending....part 2

I would like nothing better than to leave everything that's over at the townhome there and let the staff there worry about it when my lease is up in two weeks. I won't....but I'd like to. I'm to the point that I'm sick of doing loading up the dishwasher with yet more dishes....sick of doing yet another load of laundry....sick of moving in general. And I've survived this past week without all the stuff that's still over at the townhome. That should tell me something....like that I've got way too much stuff for one person and wouldn't miss it if I ended up throwning half of it away. Hmmm...that's an idea.

Easter was fine. My first Easter not spent with the parents and by myself. Seemed like any other Sunday that I'm not working really. I didn't get my dress sewn...heck, I didn't even get the fabric out of the bag since I bought it. Guess it'll have to be a new summer dress instead. I just wore the dress that I sewed 2 years ago instead and found out that I was actually able to fit in it and that it was impossibly even a little TOO big. Kinda nice. I like being able to judge my size by how my clothes fit instead of by a scale.

The knitting is progressing slowly. I've been working on Brienna's baby blanket while watching season 4 of Charmed and it's been going pretty quick. I've almost got a foot done on it now, but I'd better pick up the pace or she's going to pop before I get it off the needles.

Jaywalkers are doing a little better with progress. I've got the heel turned and just need to pick up stitches for the gusset on the second sock.

I'll see everyone Thursday at SoP (except for you Jen!).

5 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    ok, wheel assistance here. you tie the leader yarn around the bobbin (where the yarn was winding on when you were using jen's wheel. and leader yarn can be anything from your stash, but it's preferable to use something that will grab the wool (no lion & lamb!). i use acrylic (red heart, the really old ugly stuff that i inherited, lol). and, because i'm just that way, i can reuse & reuse my leaders. just wait til you get to plying! that's a whole new ball game! you can knit with singles (think lamb's pride, lol) but the feel of handspun plied running through your fingers as you knit is as about as sensual as they come. any other questions, riddle me tomorrow night, lol (if i 'm there, i'm feeling kinda blue, and reclusive, sigh)

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    oh, and you should use at least 24" for a leader, but don't get too crazy. you'll be winding on leader forever if you're not careful!

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    tie it TIGHT. lol. i may or may not come, i'm still not feeling too hot (not enough sleep, sigh)

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger puck said…

    i was just about to say that minnie! the leader yarn has to be tight enough on the bobbin to not slide around as the bobbin turns. i found wrapping it twice has helped get it tight enough. i'll have to discuss plying next thursday, i think i have spun some yarn thin enough to try this.
    i'll miss you guys tonight!
    hope you are feeling better minnie! let me know if ya need anything

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    Well, I'm not going to be there after all. I got a call from staffing this morning and I switched my overnight to working a 3-11 instead. So I guess I'll see everyone next week.

    Erin, I'm sorry that I'll miss you! I swear that you'll get your birthday present eventually...it may be June before that happens at this rate, but you'll get it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home