Keeping Me in Stitches

Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Binge

So someone (cough *k2p2* cough) on the LnV messageboard pointed out that Personal Threads was having their end-of-the-year 20% off everything sale, and she and her friends were driving over from Des Moines to partake in the yarny goodness. Even though I'd worked Tuesday night into Wednesday morning and was really tired, I decided to go.

Yeah....I'm sure you can all see where this is heading. I ended up with a very large armload of yarn. Violet came up behind me just as I plunked it all down on the counter. I'll have a picture up tomorrow, but here's the damage.

- Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool in Indian Corn (3 hanks for Mom)
- one of Shaefer Andrea in Hermione
- 6 hanks of Koigu KPPPM in 3 different colors for socks
- one Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Elderberry
- 4 hanks of Malabrigo....2 each in Oceanos and Little Love
- and a ball of Austermann Steppe in a color I can't remember...maybe Peach Melba?

So V and I met up with k2p2 and her friends and we ended up at the Starbucks on 72nd and had great conversation and I had a wonderful hot caramel apple cider.

I ended up staying awake until about 2 pm, finally got to bed and woke up with a major headache at about 8. I'll have to see if I'll be able to sleep today so I can get up for SnB at Touche. I should probably pack the rubbermaid container of stuff that I have to bring to show everyone.

Planning on spinning some this weekend to get used to my Woolee Winder (yes Mom! I put it on my wheel) before I break into the Sock Hop roving. Plus I need to go shopping to find a cute top to wear over to the neighbor cop's house for New Year's Eve. I'm almost certain I won't find anything at the mall, so it's very tempting to wear either my Knit Happens shirt or one of my other knitting t-shirts. I won't....but it's tempting.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger puck said…

    i love, love, love the WW, but it took some tweaking to get used to. i spin sock weight on the middle (10) and ply on the lowest (6). i found i had to adjust the break band a bit to get it to spin where i wanted it.
    i may stop at personal threads at lunch today :> evil, evil woman

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was great to meet you and Miss V, and it certainly made for a memorable trip for my friends, too.

    I started a Malabrigo scarf last night. I want to sleep with it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home