Keeping Me in Stitches

Sunday, December 10, 2006

How much....

...do I want to scare the people at my church? Here's the thing. Our pastor decided to do Advent services a little different this year and have people share their different talents during a sit-down meal. Last week was arts and crafts, this next week is hobbies. I signed up to talk about my knitting and I'll probably throw some spinning in there too. And I said that I'd have a display. So the big question is.....

How much of my yarn stash (specifically my sock stash) do you think I can show non-knitters without scaring them? I'm only planning on taking one of my tubs filled with stuff plus my wheel. I'm obviously going to take everything that I've knitted and haven't given away.

Then I had one of the ladies in bell choir this morning ask me if I was going to teach everyone to knit. Ummm...no. This is supposed to be a short little 5-10 minute (at most) presentation. I can't coordinate 50 people who have never knit before and teach them to knit in that timeframe! Besides the fact that I don't have the needles! Not a chance.

And I found out that my friend Diane wears a size 5 UK (size 7 US) shoe, so that means the "ugly" socks are flying off the needles. I'm starting the toe decreases and should have the first sock done tonight. Then I really need to pick out yarn to do Miss Lime's sock pattern in and start that one so I can give her some feedback. ETA: I've picked out the yarn! I'm going to be using Lisa Souza's Sock! in South Pacific. I had wanted to use Emerald City, but Minnie's already using that for the pattern she's testing. *pout*

Back to the needles!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    awwww poor baby. you have to admit, though, with the name of this pattern, there couldn't be a better choice than emerald city.

    i was gonna say no more than a dozen skeins or so.

    granted the women may understand an obsession like knitting, but men are in denial, no matter how many fishing rods/guns/musical equipment they have, lol.

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Alcariel said…

    That's okay. You can keep the Emerald City. I'm a pattern repeat through mine and I'm loving it in the South Pacific. I'm anxious to get a couple more pattern repeats done so I can see more of what it's supposed to look like.

    And I'm excited to see yours on Thursday too!

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Snarled Yarns said…

    I say scare the heck out of them with the fiber arts. Nothing like the looks of shock and awe on peoples faces! Glad to find your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home