Keeping Me in Stitches

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!! (a day late)

I hope that everyone had a good Christmas (or at least a tolerable one)! I had to work overnight from Christmas Eve into Christmas morning, so that put a little bit of a damper on my celebration. And to all the girls at SnB, my dad was able to get Christmas day off, but he's pretty sure that the crap's going to hit the fan when he goes into work on Tuesday. But at least he was able to come down.

The dog sweaters were a huge hit, Dad loved his hat and Mom loved her socks. I'll try to get full pictures of all of my loot up on Wednesday. The big ones for me were the Woolee Winder for my wheel and a snowblower. Mom also knit me a shawl and I had the usual $1 winner from the strip of lotto tickets that my dad puts in the stockings every year.

Walked in the door this morning and since I didn't close the garage door, Cozy (Dad's hunting dog) slipped out. Lovely. Off I go after her. Trying to run in my crocs. I chased her about 6 blocks through at least 8 backyards before I caught her. I haven't run that much in ages and I thought I was going to die before I finally got her.

I finally collapsed into bed at about 11, then the doorbell rang at 1 or so. All of a sudden Mom's in my room telling me to get my butt downstairs because Tony (the neighbor cop) is at the door with a present for me. I stumble downstairs in my ripped up basketball sweatshirt (from 10th grade) and my flannel pajama pants (with the toasters and pancakes on them) and all my make-up from the night before smeared under my eyes to see Tony waiting at the front door with a present in hand. Dad's downstairs trying to coax my dog out of her kennel (Phoebe doesn't like visitors) and I just plunked my butt down on the stairs to open this present which turned out to be some expensive doggie treats for Phoebe.

The parents left about 2 or so....I think.....I wasn't actually very conscious. I kind of fell over, first on the dining room table, then on the couch while Mom vacuumed up the dog hair that Cozy had managed to shed. I woke up long enough to wave goodbye at the door, then stumbled to my bed and slept until 9. I'll be up the rest of the night knitting on a baby blanket or socks while watching Voyager.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger puck said…

    whoa there....is this THE neighbor cop?
    this is big news and you just breeze right over it?!?
    i want details!
    buying your dog treats...definitely a keeper :>

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger dragon knitter said…

    woohooo! the cute cop saw you all bedraggled, and didn't run screaming! woohoooo! sounds like you had a nice christmas!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home